HISTORY OF CHURCH
But thanks be to God, who always leads us. II Corinthians 2:14
According to the Meginness History of Lycoming County, the Methodist Church in Elimsport originated with George Schneider, German Methodist preacher, in 1838.
Probably Elimsport's early Methodists met in either Mr. Schneider's store or in member's homes. The earliest record of a church building dates to a church erected in 1852 across the street from the present building. Sometime prior to 1885, the congregation apparently felt the need for a new church and for some reason chose to buy the land on the north side of Bald Eagle Road on which to build. The church built at this new locations was described as one of the "handsomest in the county" in various local newspapers carrying news of the dedication of services held Sunday, December 20, 1885.
On June 29, 1920 the Elimsport Methodist Church was struck by lightning and was burned to the ground. Approximately eight months later, Sunday, February 20, 1921, the congregation dedicated a new brick church with "modern heating and lighting."
In July 1977, the Elimsport United Methodist Church, along with the St. John's United Methodist Church formed the Elimsport Valley Parish.